Manuscripts must be submitted to the journal in electronic version through online submission system following the Author Guidelines of the journal.
Types of Paper
Research articles, review articles, short communications, and letters to the Editor.
• Research articles: original full-length research papers which have not been published previously and should not exceed 7500 words or 25 manuscript pages (including tables and figures)
• Review articles: on topical subjects and up to 10000 words or 25 manuscript pages (including tables and figures)
• Short communications: describing work that may be of a preliminary nature or a case report; preferably no more than 3000 words or 10 manuscript pages (including tables and figures)
• Letters to the Editor: should be included on matters of topical interest and not exceeding 2000 words or 10 manuscript pages (including tables and figures)
This journal has no page charges.
Preparation of Manuscripts
Papers must be written in English. Prepare your text using a word-processing software and save in “.doc” or “.docx” formats. Manuscripts must be structured in the following order:
Title Page File
• Title (Concise and informative. Avoid abbreviations and formulae)
• Author names and affiliation addresses (Full names should be given, no abbreviations. The corresponding author should be identified with an asterisk. Each affiliation address should include institution, faculty/school, department, city, and country)
• ORCID numbers for all authors.
• Corresponding author’s e-mail, telephone number, and address
• Acknowledgements (if applicable. Keep these to the absolute minimum)
• Compliance with Ethical Standards
o Conflict of Interest Statement
o Statement on the Welfare of Animals
o Statement of Human Rights
• Abstract (Should be between 150 and 250 words. References and abbreviations should be avoided)
• Keywords (Minimum 4, Maximum 6 keywords)
• Materials and Methods
• Discussion (Can be combined with Results section if appropriate)
• Table(s) with caption(s) (on appropriate location in the text)
• Figure(s) with caption(s) (on appropriate location in the text)
• and appendices (if any)
Use a 12-point Times New Roman font, including the references, table headings and figure captions, double-spaced and with 25 mm margins on all sides of A4 size paper throughout the manuscript. The text should be in single-column format.
• Each page must be numbered with Arabic numerals, and lines must be continuously numbered from the start to the end of the manuscript.
• Use italics for emphasis.
• Use only SI (international system) units.
• Use “dot” for decimal points.
• Use italics for species name.
Journal of Agricultural Production uses APA style (7th edition). Accordingly, authors must format their references as per the guidelines below. Please ensure that each reference cited in the text is also presented in the reference list. Authors should always supply DOI or URL of the work cited if available.
In-text citation (Narrative):
…The results of Bliss (2019) support…
…Sönmez and Taştan (2020) indicated that…
…According to the method of Arslan et al. (2021)…
In-text citation (In parenthesis):
…It was found to be isometric (Klee, 2018)…
…is highly susceptible to diseases (Doma & Craig, 2019)…
…have been studied (Kale et al., 2020)…
Two or more works in the same parenthesis:
…extremely toxic for the environment (Sönmez, 2018, 2019; Kale et al., 2020a; Kadak & Yağanoğlu, 2021)…
Citation in the reference list:
References should be listed first alphabetically and then further sorted chronologically at the end of the article. The citation of all references should conform to the following examples:
Lastname, N., Lastname, M., & Lastname, O. (Year). Title of the work. Title of the Journal, Volume(Issue), Page numbers. DOI
Tort, L. (2011). Stress and immune modulation in fish. Developmental & Comparative Immunology, 35(12), 1366-1375. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.dci.2011.07.002
Kasumyan, A. O., & Døving, K. B. (2003). Taste preferences in fishes. Fish and Fisheries, 4(4), 289–347. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1467-2979.2003.00121.x
Özçelik, H., Taştan, Y., Terzi, E., & Sönmez, A. Y. (2020). Use of onion (Allium cepa) and garlic (Allium sativum) wastes for the prevention of fungal disease (Saprolegnia parasitica) on eggs of rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). Journal of Fish Diseases, 43(10), 1325-1330. https://doi.org/10.1111/jfd.13229
Article by DOI (early access):
Salem, M. O. A., Salem, T. A., Yürüten Özdemir, K., Sönmez, A. Y., Bilen, S., & Güney, K. (2021). Antioxidant enzyme activities and immune responses in rainbow trout (Onchorhynchus mykiss) juveniles fed diets supplemented with dandelion (Taraxacum officinalis) and lichen (Usnea barbata) extracts. Fish Physiology and Biochemistry. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10695-021-00962-5
Lastname, N., Lastname, M., & Lastname, O. (Year). Title of the work. Publisher.
Oidtmann, K., Xao, Q., & Lloyd, A. S. (2018). The food need by the year 2050. Elsevier.
Lastname, N., Lastname, M., & Lastname, O. (Year). Title of the chapter. In N. N. Lastname, A. Lastname & B. Lastname (Eds.), Title of the book (pp. Page numbers). Publisher.
Pickering, A. D. (1993). Growth and stress in fish production. In G. A. E. Gall & H. Chen (Eds.), Genetics in Aquaculture (pp. 51-63). Elsevier. https://doi.org/10.1016/b978-0-444-81527-9.50010-5
Dissertation or Thesis:
Lastname, N. (Year). Title of dissertation/thesis (Doctoral dissertation/Master’s thesis, Name of Institution).
Sönmez, A. Y. (2011). Karasu ırmağında ağır metal kirliliğinin belirlenmesi ve bulanık mantıkla değerlendirilmesi (Doctoral dissertation, Atatürk University).
Taştan, Y. (2018). Tatlısu kerevitindeki (Astacus leptodactylus) siyah solungaç hastalığı etkeni mantar Fusarium oxysporum'un PCR yöntemi ile teşhisi (Master’s thesis, Akdeniz University).
Lastname, N., Lastname, M., & Lastname, O. (Year). Title of the work. Title of the Conference. City.
Ken, A., & Kumar, S. (2020). A new statistical model for fuzzy logic evaluation. 3rd International Congress on Statistics. İstanbul.
Institution name. (Year). Title of the work. URL
FAO. (2020). Fishery and aquaculture statistics 2018. http://www.fao.org/3/cb1213t/CB1213T.pdf
Lastname, N. (Year). Title of the work. Retrieved May 15, 2020, from URL
Perreault, L. (2019). The future of agriculture: Polyculture. Retrieved January 12, 2020, from https://www.agriculture.com
Tables, numbered in Arabic, should be in separate pages with a short descriptive title at the top. Place footnotes to tables below the table body and indicate them with superscript lowercase letters (or asterisks for significance values and other statistical data).
All illustrations should be labelled as ‘Figure’ and numbered in consecutive Arabic numbers, Figure 1, Figure 2 etc. in the text. If panels of a figure are labelled (a, b, etc.) use the same case when referring to these panels in the text. Figures are recommended to be in electronic formats such as PNG, JPEG, TIFF (min. 300 dpi). All figures or tables should be presented in the body of the text.
o Author Guidelines of the journal has been read adhered
• Title Page File
o Full names, e-mails, and affiliation addresses of all authors
o ORCID numbers of all authors
o Corresponding author’s e-mail, telephone number, and address
o Ethical statements
• Main File
o Continuous page numbers
o Continuous line numbers
o Blinded document (no personal information is present)
o Abstract (150-250 words)
o Keywords (4-6 keywords)
o All figures and tables are numbered and cited in order in text
o Completeness and accuracy of the references have been checked
o References have been edited as per the Journal guidelines